Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lvrb
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 5 - does not seem to broadcast 2.4ghz band

Hi, I have Infinity with a HH5 and have been having wireless connection problems with certain devices (mobile, laptop WiFi radio).  Following recommendations I have performed a factory reset and set both bands to now have separate SSID's.  Nothing I have can see the 2.4ghz band (even my 5ghz devices which I assume are dual band).  My Blackberry Curve 9360 is only 2.4ghz so cannot connect.  I have manually entered the 2.4ghz settings into more than one device but that does not work either.  I fired up a Home Hub 2 and that gets seen.  Any ideas anyone??

Thanks in advance, Graham.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 - does not seem to broadcast 2.4ghz band

I would say that the 2.4GHz wireless module has failed in the home hub, but first of all make sure that it has not been set to channel 0, as that disables it, I believe that is a software bug.

If all else fails, ask for a replacement.

0 Ratings
rthdavid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

2.4GHz disappearing on HH5 has been onging for many users for some time:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Home-Hub-5-SSID-disappears-from-available-networ...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/HH5-2-4GHz-Wifi-stops-working-once-per-day/m-p/1...

BT is (or should be) aware of the problem, so we just have to wait for a solution.

0 Ratings
natfrac
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Do you have BT wifi Fon enabled too ?
Suggestion is to opt out temporarily from BT Fon in case the poor router can't cope with power demands of the latest firmware update - trying to drive 4 signals instead of two.

0 Ratings
Andynorris
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi something is interfering with the signal
Try going into you hub settings
then advanced settings
select wireless and make sure 2.4ghz is selected
And check the channel the signal is on
(Mine was faulty on channel 6 and 😎
The router is set to switch channels automatically if it finds signal conflicts but in my case it didn't work very well.
So I changed the smart channel selecter to off and manually picked a channel,
number 2 seems to work for me
2 weeks now and not lost connection once 🙂
Good luck.
0 Ratings