cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Home Hub 5 wifi slow 5ghz only

Hi having wifi problems with any devices connected at 5ghz, wifi is slow 11mb ish whereas connect at 2.4ghz it jumps to 50mb on any device, wired is the same.  This first happened after the latest firmware uptate and did a factory reset split and renamed the two bands and turned off smart set up as before and all was well speed as normal 50mb ish, now the problem has now resurfaced, i dont want to keep resetting hub every few weeks. 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Home Hub 5 wifi slow 5ghz only

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Hi thank you, I've had a read through and have done all things suggested previously, and it worked for a few weeks but problem is back again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

It might be best to get a different router, as I doubt  that there will be many more updates to the HH5 as its an old product now.

Either get a HH6 if you are still in a contract, or a third party router like the TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band VDSL/ADSL

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/products/details/cat-15_Archer-VR400.html#specifications

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Just taken out a new contract a couple of months ago so still well in contract so I dont want to buy an alternative.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

@billybob99 wrote:

Just taken out a new contract a couple of months ago so still well in contract so I dont want to buy an alternative.

You should have been offered a HH6 as part of your renewal. You can still ask for one if you say the HH5 has gone faulty.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

nothing was offered, i will try and get a new one thank you for your help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@billybob99 wrote:
nothing was offered, i will try and get a new one thank you for your help.

Even if they offer it as an upgrade, then all you would pay is the postage charge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

I phoned and was told to do a factory reset again and see what happens and ring back again even though i had explained ive already done that, also told that perhaps someone had put the hub in a cupboard and that the wifi signal couldn't get out !!!!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

That sounds like a typical helpdesk reply, judging by what other people have said.

As you have tried to get it sorted, lets see if a moderator can arrange anything. It may take a few days, as they are very busy.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.