cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TellMeWi-Fi
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 6 Keeps Dropping Connection

Hello, I hope someone can help please as I have done live chats with BT and phoned them numerous times and yet the problem remains.

A few weeks ago we upgraded our Home Hub 5 to a Home Hub 6. It worked great at first but after about a week the connection started to drop out repeatedly. The light on the hub remains blue but all devices would lose connection (Apple, Windows, TV, etc).

BT initially suspected it was a faulty hub and so sent us a new one but the exact same thing happened again. We have tried splitting to 2 and 5ghz, changing the channel, a factory reset, turning it off and on again. All provided temporary relief but ultimately the problem would return. 

Any help/advice anyone has would be much appreciated! I was reading a few other posts on here and it seems a lot of people gave up with the HH6 altogether and purchased a 3rd party router? Is that the best way to go? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 6 Keeps Dropping Connection

If hh5 worked ok for you then just use that

many switch to tplink 9970 costing about £30/35

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TellMeWi-Fi
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 6 Keeps Dropping Connection

I would but unfortunately my dad sent it back to BT when they sent us the new hub.

So there is no way to get this working then? I will have to buy a new router?

0 Ratings