cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VanMildert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Home Hub 6 random wifi drop out

Moved to Infinity last month with Home Hub 6. Increasingly and randomly my wifi drops out (last occasion was 0032 last night, 8 February) and the only indication is that my iPad shows "no internet connection". To resume wifi I have to restart the Home Hub 6. I rely upon a reliable wifi signal as I send weather data to Wunderground for statistical purposes.

Any suggestions would be helpful and ease my aggrevation!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Home Hub 6 random wifi drop out

Have you seperated the 2.4G and 5G networks? if not I would try that first

0 Ratings
VanMildert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

yes I have done that and also turned off  Smart Setup

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

try changing the wireless channel rather than use auto  you can also change the wireless mode from default 1 to either 2 or 3 to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
VanMildert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Thanks I will give it a try.

What is annoying is that with standard broadband and Home Hub 4 that I had previously, there was no problem. 

There was a firmware update registered on 30 January so perhaps that has caused the problem. It seems that there are so many factors that could cause issues to materialise, it then becomes to difficult to isolate the one that may be the root cause.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

For all its hype the Smarthub really isn't that good, I would be inclined to try your HH4 if you still have it.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 13

I would be inclined to get a third party router that suits my needs.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

@V_Meldrew

the HH4 won't work unless has modem and as new infinity customer that is unlikely

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
VanMildert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Thanks  for your response.

I don't quite understand the comment about the HH4. Could you give some more detail please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

the hh4 does not have a vdsl modem built in so there was a separate modem used to connect to internet but the HH5 and HH6 have the modem built in so a separate modem is no longer required