cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stu50
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home Wide WiFi Network Problem following power cut!

My power was cut this morning. When it came back online my router works but discs won’t reconnect. 
I’ve unplugged them, with exception of the on linked to my router, this one has been sat on connecting status (purple light) pretty much all day. 
Does anyone have any advise on how to reset my network or get it back to the point where I can setup from scratch again...

thanks, a frustrated home office worker...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Wide WiFi Network Problem following power cut!

Hi @Stu50, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, what colour of discs do you have? I think a factory reset may be needed but there are a few variants of discs so the reset process is different.

Stu50
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi @NeilO ,

Thanks for replying to my post. I have the white discs. Been struggling to get anywhere with the reset so far... 
Thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Stu50, you need to use a pin or paper clip to press the Factory Reset button on the back of the disc for about one second. Do it on each disc then follow the setup process from the start.

0 Ratings
Stu50
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi @NeilO ,

So the BT help desk came back and asked me to connect one of the other discs into the router, this connected as did another of the discs.

The only one I have an issue with now is the disc originally connected to the router - it still showing as starting up (purple light)...

I’ve tried factory reset, with no success, do you have any other thoughts before I accept defeat...

Thanks for all your assistance 

0 Ratings