cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinfbrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Home hub 2 wireless connection dropping

I have a home hub 2, occasionally, I have to reset the hub, softer which the wireless connection is ok then. It is on channel 10, I changed it to channel one, everything connected okay, but my wi-fi printer would not connect. I changed back to channel 10, and all was okay . Is this a fault with the hub, or that I should change channels again. I have been sent a home hub 3a, but I have port forwarding set for CCTV on the hub 2, and I understand from topics on the forum, that the hub3a does not work with port forwarding. Been trying to contact bt, but they are no help at all in this matter. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks
Martin
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home hub 2 wireless connection dropping

Hi martinfbrown,

Thanks for posting!

You'll find most of the time wireless issues can be sorted by changing the wireless channel on the Hub.  Keep in mind that there are more than two channels on the Hub. Check out this link

I'm not too sure about your comments on port forwarding with the Home Hub 3a.  That's the Hub I use at home and I've got port forwarding set up and it seems to work fine (albeit with my PS4).

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
martinfbrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home hub 2 wireless connection dropping

hi,

my home hub 2 sems to be okay now wireless channel set to automatic, been over a week since i had to reset it. I was sent the home hub 3a as bt told me that the hub 2 was outdated. Lookig through the forum, it seemed that the hub 3a was poor at setting up port forwarding, I need the port forwarding for cctv, not games. Going to go to sky anyway though now.

Martin

0 Ratings