cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Home hub 5 wifi is very poor and when i get incoming calls the hub goes to orange?

Hi my Wi-Fi has been very poor over the last few weeks i have reset hub changed channel etc. but nothing is working, could the hub have a fault? Also when I receive incoming phone calls the hub goes orange and knocks broadband off?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Home hub 5 wifi is very poor and when i get incoming calls the hub goes to orange?

have you tried a different filter or if you have a filtered master socket have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter and see if when you make/receive calls you still drop internet connection?  if still dropping then you need to report a phone fault to 151 - sounds like high resistance fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Home hub 5 wifi is very poor and when i get incoming calls the hub goes to orange?

Hi thanks for the reply I don't use filters as I was advised not to with this hub?

I will check line but the WiFi is very poor it is usually excellent could the hub be faulty?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Which master socket do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

To eliminate your internal wiring and your master faceplate you need to connect to test socket with a filter and see if your broadband still disconnects when making/receiving a call.  This is to avoid being charged for engineer visit if problem in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

hi it is socket 6 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi it is socket 6

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Probably need a new faceplate as the built in filter has failed.
Watch out for the call out charge they will make even though the filtered plate is their property.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Hi can you buy a new filter? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

2019 BT Openreach Master Socket NTE5c MK2 & VDSL/ADSL Faceplate MK4 Telephone

2019 BT Openreach Master Socket NTE5c MK2 & VDSL/ADSL Faceplate MK4 + Back Box19

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Please delete the link, it breaks forum rules.