Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Home hub 6 WiFi

Hi, Forst post please help,

I just got home hub 6 last week but since installing this my firestick continually looses connection in n out remote doesn’t work plus both iPhones loosing WiFi sporadically lights on home hub 6as they should be and speed tests are fine except when it drops connection to WiFi for the split seconds I was assured this hub was best on offer I’ve actualky reverted back to my HH3 thismorning which has always been fine But don’t see why this should be the case with the 6 being one of the best on the market heeeeeeeelp please it’s driving me mad
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Home hub 6 WiFi

If you haven't already don it, make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

I did try turning off smart setting n tried the Furestick but no change however not sure if I need to leave it off for about? I was going to split the freq but was worried as not that tech minded it gave a warning like I would need to addmu devices individually would that be the case if I select the split freq option?
0 Ratings
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Also you would think with a new hub then allthos wouldn’t be necessary??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

The Smarthub is not as good as the hype. If your HH3 is working ok you should stick with it.

If you split the SSids you will need to connect all your devices that can use the 5Ghz Said to it. Not all devices can use it so don't panic if they can not all see it when you scan for the new Said.

0 Ratings
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Ok thanks for all your help with this it’s so fruistrating that the HH3 May be more reliable than the brand new 6,basically we only got the 6 as the operator thought our 3 was broken and it wasn’t it was the line that needed fixed so thought oh well least we got a new hub that’s meant to be 5 star rated n I’ve had nothing but issues since we installed it. I would prefer to use it but if the HH3 is ok will stick might mess about with the HH6 settings at weekend and see if it helps fail on that old reliable is going back in
0 Ratings
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Oh before I go if splitting Themis there any devices ie smart tv, iPhone, firestick that won’t run on the 5Ghz and will that just show up when searching for the hub in settings it will show as a hh6 5Ghz
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

If it cañ not see the 5Ghz it will just run on the 2.4Ghz.

0 Ratings
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Some devices drop 5G connections (for example we had a Windows 10 laptop that did just this). We configured the laptop to connect on 2.4 only, and it has been rock solid ever since. I have heard of some mobile phones doing the same too.

0 Ratings
RAnderson
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Thing with that is that I don’t see why you should have too basically you get the most recent up to date hub and it can’t work with the majority of things in the modern household without configuration I’ve put the old HH3 in n it’s working a dream, the hub 6 May get 5 starts but if it ain’t working like it should with all devices it’s like having a Ferrari without a engine
0 Ratings