Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fibre192018
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Home hub 6 doesn’t work with Xbox one

Hello,

The hub 6 doesn’t work with my Xbox one? If I restart the router it will then connect fine but after a few days it will Connect but not work (service unavailable) etc.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home hub 6 doesn’t work with Xbox one

Are you connecting wired or wireless?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Fibre192018
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Wireless
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

This seems to be quite a common problem going by the number of posts on the subject in this community, you could try setting your x box to a static IP address and then turn it off, then login to the smarthub and remove the Xbox from the list of network devices and then restart both. You may also need to set a firewall rule to open port 3075 to the xbox.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

More than likely smart wireless causing the issue. Suggest you turn it off and use a fixed wireless channel.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Fibre192018
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

It comes up with Cannot connect to DHCP SERVER if that’s any help? Much appreciated to all that have commented.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

In that case, assuming the Xbox is set for dynamic IP, it won't have an IP address. The dhcp server is part of the router, so that message basically tells you that the Xbox is not connected to your router. You may need to check your connection method but before you do, make sure you turn off smart wireless as suggested by @Devon_Dave.

If you're using an old router to provide an additional wireless access point then you will probably have two DHCP servers on the network which will cause problems and you will have to disable one of them

0 Ratings