Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meri_gadi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Home hub 6 dropping connection

Go to solution

Sorry for the highjack. I have BT ECI modem and i have access points for wifi coverage. My question is what router to use? Would this be able to work with it: TL-R600VPN or anything else is recomended?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

G4RHL Im having similar problems since moving to BT, when i was with plusnet i never got drop outs but the service was slower. What service are you on and what router did you get?

Is it a straightforward swap?

Thanks

G4JNW

0 Ratings
G4RHL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

I abandoned the Home Hub altogther. I have had the same problem with most versions of the Home Hub. Use of an iPad or iPhone around the home was hit and miss. Often it would drop out even with a BT extender near to me. I bought an BT Openreach modem on eBay and changed the internal system to a Netgear Orbi. Not cheap but I have no complaints. I installed it in January 2017 and not had a single drop out. Can even access the interent from down the garden. With the Home Hub 6, and Home Hubs before it, a drop out was almost a daily occurrence.

0 Ratings
kjpain
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
when you say you changed the internal system to a Netgear Orbi how do you do that.

Many thanks
0 Ratings
G4RHL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Bought an Openreach Modem on eBay as you need a modem to connect to the incoming line and bought the Netgear Orbi from a retailer, think I got it on Amazon. The incoming line instead of being plugged into the Home Hub goes to the modem and then a standard network cable to the Orbi. 

0 Ratings