cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 192

Home hub 6 not so smart

Had our hh6 for two weeks and have nothing but problems with connecting. Sometimes we have no or limited connections that's if you can even connect due to it telling you your password is incorrect even though it's not. My new computer and Samsung phone have fewer problems than our huwei phones and tablet which can hardly ever connect and often we have to restart the hub. BT engineer said there was a problem on the line from the box down the road and assured me it would fix our connection problems. The problem is fixed but our connection is worse than ever. Don't bother getting the new hub if you Internet connections, I'm considering going back to our old hh5
0 Ratings
191 REPLIES 191
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 192

Re: Home hub 6 not so smart

Oh and the range is pretty awful too, no connection in my garden 25 feet away from the hub.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 192

I have seen none of your problems and the Wi-Fi if anything greatly improved have you tried splitting the wifi networks and turning off smart set up also have you tried adjusting the wireless mode setting
0 Ratings
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 192

Yes we have done all of that and appointed 2 ghz and 5ghz channels too

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 192

strange I have never seen at of the problems you report
0 Ratings
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 192

Lucky you, we were sold a hub that promised not to drop our connections and half of our devices can't even connect.  Wish I had your hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 192

I know of many more with no problems worth noting a lot of devices do not like connecting to 5Ghz
0 Ratings
Dettybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 192

I have a problem, we have tried to solve the problem using both channels, devices are still dropping off.  WE have a problem in this house.  Thanks for your comments but they are not solutions, MY HH6 is not working properly and I am trying to get some help or information.  I need solutions not comments that your HH6 & many others are working fine.  Thank you again.

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 192

all any one here can tell you is their personal experiences and any basic changes you can try that is the only help we can offer as every one here are BT customers like you
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 192

I agree. My HH6 only reached 30 meters with all doors open and straight line of view. The advertised 500 meters is a tall order and could be classed as miselling. Having said this, it seems there are some HH6s that seem to work satisfactorily ( still take the 500 M claim with a pinch of salt).
I have gone back to my old router because of unreliable connections and will try the HH6 again after the next firmware update before binning it.
0 Ratings