cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prinknash
Expert
Message 181 of 192

Re: Home hub 6 not so smart

Should have known that @Liam_ would get there a couple of minutes before me!

I'm not sure I'd call it unethical. It's the way BT run the system. As I understand it, subscribing to Infinity/BT Broadband or whatever carries with it an entitlement to use BT Wifi. BT don't support third party routers but have never said that people must use home hubs.

p

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 192

Hi @alexbbailey,

We'll get this all looked into for you. Please get in touch by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 192

Hi @alexbbailey,

Have you received the returns bag yet? can you let me know when it's posted?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 184 of 192

@prinknash writes:

> "As I understand it, subscribing to Infinity/BT Broadband or whatever carries with it an entitlement to use BT Wifi."

That's correct.  BT Wifi is a BT service bundled with the subscription to BT Infinity, and is not conditional on the user's home CPE being part of the BT Wifi network.

The fact that Home Hubs provide no direct user control over the CPE's BT Wifi transmitter is very bad for users who have crucial medical equipment in the home or have other needs to limit local RF field strength, and is just one more reason for upgrading to a 3rd party device.

0 Ratings
utterlyastonished
Contributor
Message 185 of 192

My replaced replacement is going through the same issues as before. Green light and I am now having to mess around with the useless call centre. Joy of joys. This will be the third one and probably about another three hours on the telephone going through the same old scripts and process of 323,989,282 questions, disconnected calls, transferred calls, before, ultimately, they send out another useless bit of equipment that will, inevitably go wrong. Well done BT. Nice to see the vast improvements that you have made. NOT! FIND AN ALTERNATIVE PROVIDER THAT ACTUALLY LISTENS AND CARES.
0 Ratings
alexbbailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 186 of 192

Sorry I should have let you know sooner... it was returned in the blue bag on Tuesday.

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 192

Thanks @alexbbailey.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 192

Hi @alexbbailey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Have you received the hub 5? has it sorted the problem? Can you let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
alexbbailey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 189 of 192

My apoligies... I was out all weekend and was unable to answer when you called.

I've received the Hub 5 and it's been running now for well over a week without any issues (though ongoing niggles with the wifi which is not anywhere near as good as with the 6).

I am eager to hear if there might be any answer to my problems with the 6 as I really would like to go back to using that.

Thanks,

Alex.

0 Ratings
ColinSC
Message 190 of 192

Try Searching for BT CEO Gavin Patterson on Google, email him directly, it will get picked up by a complaints department and it's much easier than the call centres, still frustrating, we have our 8th engineer visit booked for tomorrow and have recently also switched back to the Hub 5 after repeated issues.

0 Ratings