cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOTENKOG
Message 1 of 7

Home hub ethernet connection not working but wireless connection ok.

Hello I moved to BT this year and all good, I have fibre to home, infinity unlimited. last week the tv box stopped working, tests showed ethernet connection from hub had no/week  signal. BT sent new hub and cables and all worked well for a day, now the same problem. I tested by plugging my laptop into the ethernet and switching off wifi, shows connection ok but I cannot use internet, when I switch wifi on it's all ok again. Would appreciate any ideas before I make the call and get passed around different departments ? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home hub ethernet connection not working but wireless connection ok.

did you try the obvious being a new ethernet cable and different ports on the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KOTENKOG
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for replying, Yes, all ports tried with different devices and numourous resets. BT sent new heavier duty cables also but nothing. The hub appears to works ok on wireless but loses the signal strength though the ethernet 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

really strange to get 2 hubs with the same problem  are you using any powerline adapters?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KOTENKOG
Message 5 of 7

No all standard as set up by BT, gonna request an engineer visit this time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

that must be next step as you have tried everything you can

0 Ratings
KOTENKOG
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for replying, appreciate the offer to help.
0 Ratings