Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydanial
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Home hub is...disconnecting, kicking, slow, failing

Hi guys..

I'm having some serious issues with hh5. Basically all devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting as they want.
Webpages say offline then they'll work.
The only way I can temporarily fix it is by restarting router and then it may be ok (ish) for a few days before doing it again.

Kids and wife going nuts and I've got to admit I've had enough now.

https://i.ibb.co/vQsrV8F/IMG-20190216-151945.jpg
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home hub is...

@lydanialwrote:
Hi guys..

I'm having some serious issues with hh5. Basically all devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting as they want.
Webpages say offline then they'll work.
The only way I can temporarily fix it is by restarting router and then it may be ok (ish) for a few days before doing it again.

Kids and wife going nuts and I've got to admit I've had enough now.

https://i.ibb.co/vQsrV8F/IMG-20190216-151945.jpg

Hi @lydanial  Why don't you simply try another Hub. You can pick up a Smart Hubs (HH6) for under a tenner on a well known auction site or buy new from BT. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Have you tried a full factory reset rather than just restarting the hub? Press the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@VeteranISPUser wrote:

Hi @lydanial  Why don't you simply try another Hub. You can pick up a Smart Hubs (HH6) for under a tenner on a well known auction site or buy new from BT. 

If the OP is still in contract and the factory reset doesn't work, CS should be contacted to replace the hub FOC, no need to buy one.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

If that doesn't help and assuming there is not a fault with your connection you should call BT and tell them your Homehub is faulty. You should get a free replacement if you are still in contract.

EDIT: Snap!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

alistair94
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Bin it and buy a TP Link Modem Router. I had all of your problems and more till I did this and have had trouble free broadband and wifi for the past 15 months. I bought the  VR900

alwills
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Re: Home hub is...disconnecting, kicking, slow, failing

I had the same problem with my hh3, they sent me out a hh4  and that was even worse. Then I did the same as alistair94, bought a Tp link vr900 and it has been brilliant, WiFi is now excellent all over the house. Laptops, iPads, mobiles, xboxes, android box and firetv box, never have any problems. The home hubs are just terrible, get rid of it.

0 Ratings