Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home hub won't connect after moving house

Go to solution

Hello All,

I've recently moved house and have arranged for my internet to be reconnected on Monday. On Tuesday I received a text saying "Hello, BT here. Your broadband and phone services are now ready to use. Need help getting started? Go to bt.com/newtobt".  This turned out to be incorrect.

It is now Wednesday morning and I am still being greeted with an orange light as well as a flashing red thingy. All the online steps just move you around in circles without solving anything and it appears to be impossible to get a hold of a human being on the phone. 

Has anyone got any suggestions how to proceed? I feel like there is potential that I am being really thick and am overlooking something but I'm not sure.

thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home hub won't connect after moving house

Go to solution

Do you have dial tone?

Is it the correct number read back to you if you dial 17070?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

are you using the master socket and not an extension socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi thanks for your response, I am using a extension socket (Adsl filter). I don’t have a phone so can not check the dial tone. The WiFi network is visible on my laptop

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Re: Home hub won't connect after moving housen- Solved

Go to solution

I've solved this issue, my new portal thingy in the wall has two ports so i didn't need the filter. Thanks All

0 Ratings