cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wippa
Message 1 of 4

Home sharing in itunes on BT home hub 4

Hi -

I got the new router around a week ago and since then ive been unable to get itunes home sharing to work. When i plug my old 2wire 2700 router, it comes back on. I've looked around for setting for opening ports etc but cant find any out there. I have iphone, ipad and apple tv so being unable to use home sharing is a bit of a pain to be honest.

I've tried the obvious stuff, log in, log out, fresh install, firewall off, firewall on - none of which has worked. Anyone else having this problem or more importantly anyone have a fix for it at all?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
db218
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home sharing in itunes on BT home hub 4

You would have to find out the port forwarding neededd and define a new game or application

Now which is the games console, the PS3, Wii, Xbox or is it just the HH4 😉

0 Ratings
wippa
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

With hh4 there's no option to add an exception (that I can find), unlike hh3 and the 2700router I was using. Everything else is working fine.
0 Ratings
db218
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

1. Go to Settings > Port Forwarding to tie a device to an existing Port Forwarding rule
  2. Go to Advanced Settings > Firewall > Port Forwarding to define a new Port Forwarding rule, hit the Manage Games and Applications button to add a new rule, you can then tie a device to the new rule without going to 1 above

However if you need to amend a rule you will have to dissociate it first, then change it, then re-associate it to get the new rule to be applied.

Sorry i cannot help you with the port forwarding rules needed, if any, for your device. First have both you computer and HH router been restarted since the device was connected

If you look in the event log Troubleshooting > Event Log you might see the port forwarding rules, you will need to know the local IP address, possibly the mac of the server with the itunes library on. You will be looking for the ports opened in relation to the device. The HH3 equivalent of the Event log may have information there that may help you.

0 Ratings