cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debb1e
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Home spot plugin problems

Hi, due to our router having to be on one side of house- the other side gets really poor internet... we have been using a home spot plug which seemed to work (off and on, but better than before!) but now doesn’t seem to be working at all...

I get the full Wi-fi signal on phone ( when I login to home spot) but unable to go on any websites at all..... I then have to change to getting ( intermittent) Wi-fi via main hub & then sometimes I can get back onto the home spot but not often... it’s very inconsistent & I’m not sure what to do.

Im hoping someone will understand the above 😏 not too good at explaining these techy things.

We have reset router a few times, and I have unplugged the home spot and redone that, anyone have any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong??! 😩

Thank you 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home spot plugin problems

which BT hub are you using?  are you FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Debb1e
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Sorry but I’m not sure 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

the type of hub will be on the back

are you using phone socket for broadband or have you got something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Debb1e
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Just like a plug, tried to take a pic but won’t send 

wireless net. SSID  bt homespot S9N

0 Ratings