Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub 2 Access Control issue

Go to solution

I have scoured the internet prior to creating this post but haven't found a solution so will post here to see if you guys can help me.

To cut a long story short i have 2 children whom i would like to block from the internet after 9pm using the HH2 Access Controls ,however recently after checking the Home Network page i notced that my daughters mobile phone was still connected after 10pm.

I reset the hub to default settings and set up access setting for all the devices needing to be blocked,4 in total-2 netbooks and 2 mobile phones.

It would appear that that the HH2 is not reacting to the Access setting i have applied and my kids can still access the internet after the "curfew" time.

Is this a bug with the HH2 firmware or have my kids found a way to circumvent the Access controls unbeknownst to me?

Any help here will be most appreciated,thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub 2 Access Control issue

Go to solution

This sounds like the problem (discussed at great length on this forum) with BT home hubs not switching to British Summer Time in March. Despite assurances, this has not been resolved and it's looking very much as though BST will end without a fix.

This means that hubs are running an hour behind time. Best I can suggest is that you set Access Control to 8pm, which will cause it to kick in at 9pm BST. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
TennantLowe
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Seems to have solved the problem,thank you very much

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Good! If the fault is fixed before BST ends the kids will no doubt alert you with complaints that it's turned off at 8pm. If not you'll have to reset it along with the rest of the clocks to avoid similar complaints!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.