cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: HomeHub 3 - Apple Bonjour not working for AirPlay/AirPrint/AirVideo

Go to solution

I concur with jjgraphics.

Time to go back to BT and ask for a replacement HH3. If you still have no joy, then AE/TimeCapsule is the way to go.

Please let us know how you get on,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mr71mb0
Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

I've had and fixed a similar issue with Airplay / iTunes Home shareing / Bonjour.  It's with a different router but thought I'd share my experience with you as it may help.

The equipment I have; Netgear DG834 v5, iPhone 4, iPad2, AppleTV2, Windows 7.

My iPad2 was usually fine with Homeshare and Airplay to the AppleTV but very rarely would sometimes not pick it up.

The Main issue was my iPhone 4 which would refuse to see anything via Bonjour.  A Router restart sometimes would fix it but then would droup out again.  I messed about with UPNP and tweaked it's settings but nothing would make it stable.

Then I changed the Wifi Security from "WPA2 + WPA" to just WPA and it is now Rock stable.  iPhone4 always picks up appleTV and homeshare now.

I'm thinking either the router has an issue with WPA2 (but then the iPad2 is happy enough on that) or the iPhone4 doesn't like it much.

If your router has WPA2 set as security mode, give it a go on just WPA.

It's not Ideal but WPA is still better than WEP.

Hope this helps.

helix21
Beginner
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Very interesting, that's definitely a look idea.

I'm going to try that now. What I plan on doing...

1. Turn off WPS "One Touch" system

2. Turn off Smart Chanel - use just Channel 7 or something like that.

3. Go to WPA.

If this all doesnt fix it, new router time.

Will report back findings.

0 Ratings
helix21
Beginner
Message 14 of 29

Go to solution
IT WORKS!!!

Thank you SO much mr71mb0. I tried everything, reset, putting a fixed channel, turning off WPS. Nothing worked.

Then I changed the security to WPA & it's working like a charm now! All my remote desktop, media streaming apps & NAS. You sir, have just saved my productivity network. If I could buy you a drink, I would.
0 Ratings
mr71mb0
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

no worries, glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback, always nice to know you've helped someone 😉

0 Ratings
aunitt
Beginner
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

Is this working for anyone else, I've tried all the options here including switching to WPA with no luck.

HH3 Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

I've just switched to BT Infinity 2 and I also experienced some problems with AirPlay and Airport Express.  Finding this forum I feared the worst.  But after a little playing with settings and a reboot all is working, so don't dispair; although I've not yet used it for any length of time.

After the engineer had left I set up the wifi myself, my house is a mix of wired and wifi network. Both worked straight away for surfing and Spotify.  When I came to put the Aiport Express (connected to hi-fi) on to the new network I had a few problems.  I couldn't see the AE at all, so did a hard reset (factory reset? - held reset in for 5 seconds).  This allowed me to see it in AP Utility (OSX Lion).  All seemed good, but in iTunes or using the remote app I couldn't select the AE as speakers, it just wouldn't select. 

AppleTV2 through wired network worked fine.

I then googled and came across this forum and was slightly disheartened as my previous AirPlay experience was that it was rock solid.  I tried changing the wireless security as suggested here to just WPA.  This made no difference, I still could not select the speakers.  I then did an update on the AE from AP Utility, when that was complete I also checked for updates of OSX, after installing the updates I rebooted the iMac and woohoo - all was working.  I then changed the security back to WPA & WPA2, still working; rebooted to be certain and still everything was working.  Hopefully BT or Apple has fixed the problem.

Hope that helps anyone who had similar problems. 

0 Ratings
qq46234
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you!!!!!!!! Worked and now all is working. Really appreciate your post.
0 Ratings
caseyc1962
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution
Hi, I seem to have managed to make Airprint work with my HH3. Here's what I did..

Basically create a 'game or application' in port forwarding using the Bonjour port information below
TCP 5297-5298
UDP 5298, 5353

In the browser interface you need to create a new game or application called - for example - bonjour.

The 'add game or application' option only appears in the port forwarding menu when you select Advanced settings. A sub menu called Supported Application appears where you can find the 'add game or application' button

Once you select it, create the new application name 'bonjour'

Set the prototcol to TCP and enter 5297-5298 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Set the prototcol to UDP and enter 5298-5298 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Set the prototcol to UDP and enter 5353-5353 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Once this stage is done, select the Configuration menu and then select the application you just created and the printing device that supports Air print.

Once these changes are applied, you should be able to select your printer from you Wireless Macs and iphones and an other device that uses Bonjour

spcurtis81
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

@caseyc1962 wrote:
Hi, I seem to have managed to make Airprint work with my HH3. Here's what I did..

Basically create a 'game or application' in port forwarding using the Bonjour port information below
TCP 5297-5298
UDP 5298, 5353

In the browser interface you need to create a new game or application called - for example - bonjour.

The 'add game or application' option only appears in the port forwarding menu when you select Advanced settings. A sub menu called Supported Application appears where you can find the 'add game or application' button

Once you select it, create the new application name 'bonjour'

Set the prototcol to TCP and enter 5297-5298 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Set the prototcol to UDP and enter 5298-5298 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Set the prototcol to UDP and enter 5353-5353 in the port range boxes AND the same in the translate to boxes, then select Add

Once this stage is done, select the Configuration menu and then select the application you just created and the printing device that supports Air print.

Once these changes are applied, you should be able to select your printer from you Wireless Macs and iphones and an other device that uses Bonjour

This worked perfectly for me. Not knowing exactly the difference between WPA and WPA2 (other than the latter is obviously better) I was a little bit nervous of downgrading my security however I had done. However, on using this solution, I was able to revert back to WPA & WPA2 and still use the air print feature on iOS which I had previously been struggling with. Thanks for this.
As far as I am aware, there is no option for kudos but if there were, they would go to you my friend. Thanks.

0 Ratings