cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 131 of 190

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

Donkeyfumbler The infinity modem is the property of Openreach the hub is supplied by BT RETAIL The modem supplied by Openreach is used by all isps supplying infinity not just BT Retail
0 Ratings
Donkeyfumbler
Contributor
Message 132 of 190

I do appreciate that - doesn't mean it isn't ironic though.

0 Ratings
Message 133 of 190

Right people i am having same  problem with the HH3 A, and look like bt do know about the issue and are still send out the HH3A with the issue which iam sure is not right as they may well be in breech of the sales of good act as the product is not fit for purpose i will be talking to trading standards on Monday Morning and ask them to investigate this. This may well wake BT up, i was going to ring them to ask them to change my HH3 but i know its not going to make any diffrence so going to see what trading standerds have to say also may well contact OFCOM see what they say. Because it seem that BT are continuing to supply HH3A with this know issue and no fix, yes they supply us with HH3 and they say its free but its not the cost of the HH3 is built in to the cost of the service, in the same way as it is with a moblie phone contract. 

0 Ratings
slitwristbarbie13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 134 of 190

I wonder how long after using the HH3 would BT change it. I have had the HH3 for over a year now, but in the beginning I only had my server connected to it by wired, all PC's and consoles were connected to it wirelessly and then before my previous post decided I wanted to have all my devices wired for better connectivity.

This is a stupid thing done by BT, they should have fixed this problem, and to say there is nothing they can do as they have not found a problem in there tests, when clearly so many people have this problem with the A Type routers.

I find to me that the Home Hub devices work rather well, but if there is no chance this is going to be fixed or a change of routers, it seems like I will have to purchase a Cable router to use (which I do not want to do).

0 Ratings
planetf1
Expert
Message 135 of 190

I've just noticed the xbox 360 is only connecting at 10 Mbps sometimes....until it seems the HH3a is rebooted ? I take it from this thread that no-one has a SW fix yet, and that the only option is router replacement...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gman99
Contributor
Message 136 of 190

^ Correct

I am testing a special firmware version of the hub at the moment to help pin down the problem for support, but.. as you would expect with anything in IT when you try to recreate the issue - you can't

I keep plugging in my homeplug each day to replicate it but so far it always comes up at 100Mbps, hopefully the fault will show up soon

0 Ratings
slitwristbarbie13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 137 of 190

Well this is becoming annoying now, I have just had infinity installed 2 days ago, and this ethernet problem has not been sorted. I cannot stram High Bit Rate HD Movies because the video stutters when it goes over 10mbps.

This is a problem, because it switches, it seems to be ports 1&3 which is my PS3 and my daughters Xbox 360 and sometimes it will be on my connection and then another time it can be on my daughters.

I don't want to add a swicth to the network as this will add to the electric bill.

It also seems to happen when all ethernet ports are full, so I have the ethernet ports:-

PS3 in port 1

My PC on port 2

Xbox 360 in port 3

WHS in gige port.

0 Ratings
dajd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 138 of 190

Send a email to the mods of the forum and ask them if they can help.

I had exactly the same issue Type A, all ports used, speed from 100 to 10 on everything except the ports that switches were connected too ( well old netgear routers - used as switches ).  Personally I think it could be a sleep issue, the ports that have devices that are always on ( e.g. switches ) sustain the 100 speed, the not always on devices ( xbox, PCs etc ), for me, dropped to 10mb!?  

I had 2 - 3 BT engineer visits and also contacted the mods and asked if they could offer any advice ( as they'd been quite informative/helpful in the past with a noisy line issue ).

I was sent ( by ?? chance ??  ) a Type B router, which solved my 10mb drop speed issue.   Can't guarantee you'll get the same but worth a try.

(As a side note for those of you that have the same issue it would be interesting if you tried leaving on the device to see if the issue goes away, obviously not solution but might give BT a nudge to wake them from their sleep on this issue. )

0 Ratings
GD1
Message 139 of 190

Hi,

I have this:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

And my ports also negotiate to 10MB.  I've forced my device to 100MB, but is still negotiates and shows as 10MB - I need to remind myself how the negotiation works on speed.

I'll see if I can get a in-line sniffer, so I can record the exact negotiation that goes on, but this is a problem with the hub certainly.

Any idea how I ask BT for a replacement to the newer model, as this is clearly a fault which has been going on for, what appears, over a year.

Have BT confirmed that they have actually reproduced the fault, as I can't see that in the thread either.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
dajd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 140 of 190

My advice to try and get a TYPE B hub is to send an email to the moderation team of the forum and ask them if they can help.

That's what i did they arranged a replacement HUB for me. 

I did also have 2 or three openreach visits prior to that to see if it was a line problem.  But i'm pretty sure this is a Type A hub issue that affects wired setups.

With the Type B hub the issue has never occurred again for me.

0 Ratings