Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinek
Contributor
Message 181 of 190

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

got the latest firmware and got the same issue with my tv

have my tv connected via an ethernet cable to the router so I can stream stuff to my tv. While it was all nice and smooth with my old speedtouch, when I want to go forward/backwards (only goes about 10 secs or so) it stopps and it's preparing to play. Like I said I never had this issue with my old router

0 Ratings
Raffi
Message 182 of 190

Guys try put Dynamic DNS in BT Home Hub 😉

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steshell
Beginner
Message 183 of 190

I've only had BTInfinity for 2 weeks and I also can only connect at 10Mb with both my PS3 and Xbox360. I don't know what type of hub I have but software version is V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B

Has anyone managed to fix this or is BT managing download speeds for the consoles?

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 190

i ended up getting a gigabit switch and just plugging my devices to that and then connect the switch to the giga port on the BT hub.

Now i get blazing speed from device to device.  only thing i kept plugged into the bt hub in the slow ports is my ip phone.

what a crappy router.  i wish i could just use my old dlink but i havent learned if that's possible or not (new to BT and UK)

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 185 of 190

You don't have to use the Home hub with BT. Other routers work too. 🙂
0 Ratings
stevew09
Contributor
Message 186 of 190

Just been sent to this thread, surprise surprise, after reporting only 7mb throughput on my HH3A.

After having my first HH3 replaced due it causing noise on the phone line I got this one, great the first issue has gone, but now I only get 7mb write and 5mb read from my PC to my NAS drive.

I see there is no answer to this issue after almost 2 years, so it looks like we are being given (and sold in some cases) a product that does not match it's description.

I have software revision 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

Is type B the solution ??

0 Ratings
cinek
Contributor
Message 187 of 190

@stevew09 wrote:

Just been sent to this thread, surprise surprise, after reporting only 7mb throughput on my HH3A.

After having my first HH3 replaced due it causing noise on the phone line I got this one, great the first issue has gone, but now I only get 7mb write and 5mb read from my PC to my NAS drive.

I see there is no answer to this issue after almost 2 years, so it looks like we are being given (and sold in some cases) a product that does not match it's description.

I have software revision 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)

Is type B the solution ??

you have an old FW version. Although the new one didn't fix anything for me, so I wouldn#t expect it to fix this for you

as for using other routers, that depends on what infinity package you have, I tried a few routers for BT infinity 160 and none of them came close to being able to handle the same speeds as the hh3 ;/ If you're on the lower plans, then that's not a problem

0 Ratings
stevew09
Contributor
Message 188 of 190

Got BT infinity option 1 38mb download.

As far as I can tell the BT openreach modem does the connecting, so I could just replace the HH3 with a wireless gigabit cable router.

Or could I use this to replace the Openreach modem and HH3 http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2750.html

??

0 Ratings
Morphi34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 189 of 190

Having the same issue here, one of the ports will only negotiate at 10mbps. Getting a replacement was hard work, as long as it has a connection of some kind its considered "working as expected". I am not hopeful that the new hub will be any different after reading this thread and coincidently the homehub 4 is out of stock so that was not an option either.

0 Ratings
Morphi34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 190 of 190

Out of interest i thought I would give the device a beasting to see how garbage it actually performs. I hope this is of use to someone out there who is using a wired connection and experiencing slower than expected speeds:

Infinity broadband, 76Mbps download -  19Mbps upload

Ethernet Port 1 - Negotiated speed of 100Mbps - Maximum throughput achievede 21 Mbps

Ethernet Port 2 (known to be broken) - Negotiated speed of 10Mbps - Not tested

Ethernet Port 3 - Negotiated speed of 100Mbps - Maximum throughput achieved 20 Mbps

Ethernet Port 4 - Negotiated speed of 1000Mbps - Maximum throughput achieved 75Mbps

Only the Gigabit port (port 4) was able to let me utilize the full potential of my broadband speed. I was left wondering if this is another fault or something else?

I will hold my hands up here and say I have not done a great deal of further research but what I have found out is that only LAN - LAN conenctions can achieve the maximum throughput you would expect from the port, when you go from LAN - WAN (and depending on your router) things can change. It has been suggested that 20Mbps throughput is about right for a LAN (100/10) - WAN connection on certain models of router but as of yet I have been unable to confirm this is the case for the HH3. IF it is the case (which it look like from my results above), when you start hitting infinity speeds the 3 x 100/10 Ethernet ports on this router are going to be next to useless to you. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings