cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeatupwey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 171 of 190

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

You seem remarkably sure that they have cracked this issue. In addition she does actually say to refer to the further details announced in the release, which of course does not mention this bug.

0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 172 of 190

I would also like to know if the firmware is applied automatically or has to be initiated by the user!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 173 of 190

@mikeatupwey wrote:

You seem remarkably sure that they have cracked this issue. In addition she does actually say to refer to the further details announced in the release, which of course does not mention this bug.

She said for the rollout and timescale of the firmware to use that link for...

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 174 of 190

The firmware roll out is automatic no user intervention is needed
0 Ratings
scrimper
Contributor
Message 175 of 190

@john46 wrote:
The firmware roll out is automatic no user intervention is needed

Thanks, That is what I wanted to know. 🙂

0 Ratings
Donkeyfumbler
Contributor
Message 176 of 190

I'll believe it when I see it, or when someone with the problem posts here to say that they have got the new firmware and the problem is gone.

After spending the last 18 months using a Gigabit switch connected to the Gigabit port and leaving the other ports alone, and the Homehub being rock solid, I'm also nervous that this firmware will somehow introduce new issues.

0 Ratings
Donkeyfumbler
Contributor
Message 177 of 190

Hmmm. Not a great start.

Came down this morning to find the wifi off and wired connection to the hub unusably slow - every third ping was non-responding. Rebooted the HH (first time in almost a year I've had to) and saw that the time had reset (so the wifi was on powersave) and the firmware had updated to the new version.

Reset the time and so far the connection has been OK but I haven't had the chance yet to connect anything to the previously faulty ports to see if this firmware has corrected the error we've all been having. I'll try this evening.

0 Ratings
DeanDeyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 178 of 190

So far so good?

0 Ratings
gamefanatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 179 of 190

I'm also having this problem after seeing that the LAN was connecting at 10mbps. Restarting the hub has fixed it and now connecting at 100mbps. I'm still on the older firmware, I guess I have to just wait until it updates itself? 

0 Ratings
Donkeyfumbler
Contributor
Message 180 of 190

Connection has been fine since I rebooted after the firmware update, but, tbh, I've not fiddled around with the ports on the router so I can't say whether the port speed issue is fixed. I just don't want to mess around with the working setup I have now (gigabit switch connected to the gigabit port of the router) as I'd need the switch even if all the 100mb ports on the router were working - just have too many devices.

Anyone else able to say if the firmware update has fixed the problem?

0 Ratings