Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
barneytolsta
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HomeHub 4 SSID's Issue

Good afternoon,

I am having a strange issue with my HH4.  Its has been solid so far and i am pretty happy with it.  I only have one issue and its doing my head it.  At the furthest point away from the router in my house i usually get 2/3 bars of wifi signal on the 2.4 range with my SSID.  I do still see the BT Fon and BT Wifi SSID's.  Without fail every day atleast 3 times my own SSID will disappear from my devices bt the other 2 will stay there and it will automatically connect to them since they are open networks.  Its annoying when on the devices as you dont see the switch and think you still have net access when you dont.  Anyone else seen anything like this with their own SSID?  I am using the same name and password for both the 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs.

Thanks in advance  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HomeHub 4 SSID's Issue

it looks like you are on the edge of your wireless range and another source of wireless interference is causing the connection to drop
0 Ratings
barneytolsta
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

John,

Thanks for the quick reply. If that was the case wouldn't all the SSID's drop out and not just mine. The other two BT SSID's never drop.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

are they stronger than the main ssid
0 Ratings
barneytolsta
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

They seem the same strength when you scan when my SSID is visible. When my SSID vanishes the other two SSID's seem to be the same strength as they where before.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

thats a strange one have you tried a factory reset
0 Ratings