Message 21 of 24

Re: HomeHub 6 WiFi issues

Hi guys, 

0 Ratings
Forktongue
Message 22 of 24

Hi Guys, 

yep I had a disconnecting issue with my new iPhone X, was starting to think i had a bad phone, but after reading a forum (not sure where) someone suggested moving the 5ghz channel, as i was set on automatic, so after trying to reset router, switching phone on and off, i thought well i would give it a try. I now have  it set on channel 44, and its rock steady so far. Even in the kitchen through the wall, i am getting full strength three bars on my phone, and never had that before, it was always fluctuating between 2-3, so i am hoping that’s all I needed to do, (finger crossed)

it surely beats buying a new router or arguing with BT, 

hope this help someone else. 

0 Ratings
Darkph30nix
Message 23 of 24

It struggles reconnecting because Iphone doesn't use the latest software or technology because their a few years behind other phone developing companies also bt internet is classed as a unstable connection with high package drop rates that occur frequently for pretty much all devices I've used, so if any other connection becomes available even if it's much, much slower than bt your phone and other devices will decide to use that connection instead because it's a more reliable signal. I know on Android devices and most computers you can change a setting that stops this tho but what's the point right might as well upgrade your devices to a up to date one and look for a better internet provider
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 24

@Darkph30nix

you must have a poor wireless signal from your hub if you are having trouble maintaining connection  I have numerous devices connected wireless to my HH6 and don't have any drop out problems - ipads, android phones, fire sticks. tvs, laptops etc   maybe you should look at your setup or in unlikely event maybe faulty hub so ask for replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings