Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TristramShandy
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub2 Type B USB socket use

I'm trying to see if the USB socket can be used on my Hub. I've plugged in a flash drive and in the Hub admin menu it is recognized with its name etc. but does not appear on the network.

On my Windows 8 PC I've tried to connect to \\192.168.1.254 and a window pops up asking for Username and Password to connect to the network.

Exactly what password/username is required here? Wireless key, Windows password?

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub2 Type B USB socket use

TristramShandy wrote:

On my Windows 8 PC I've tried to connect to \\192.168.1.254 and a window pops up asking for Username and Password to connect to the network.

That IP takes you to hub management. The username is Admin and the password is printed on the hub (Admin, not Wireless Key). Setup advises changing the default; if that's been done and you don't know it, a factory reset will restore it to the one on the hub (press the recessed button for 20 secs).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

You'll be lucky to get the USB to work on the HH2. Some people have managed to get it to work others had nothing but problems. If you do a search of the forum you will find other posts on it.

You would be better getting a NAS device if you want to share files on your network.

TristramShandy
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Well following pottyperson's info I managed to connect and could see the flash drive in Explorer as 'usb1', with all the files in it. Writing and reading files on the drive went at a speed of about 700 KB/s, although this dropped to zero for periods of several seconds.

Thus this was a lot slower than the normal transfer speeds I get on the network ( 2.5 to 3 MB/s). I could stream music from the drive but video was very stuttery.

So I think the answer is to get a proper NAS drive.

0 Ratings