cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andym8y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HomeHub3 and Tech support woes

Having previously tried getting support here, I tried calling BT tech support.

My problem is with the router, but BT won't accept this. Broadband works. A laptop or PC using wifi connecting via the router can use the internet but cannot connect to any other device, be it another PC or printer.  

When I ping the other devices, I get the following:

Pinging 192.168.1.82 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.71: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.

When I reboot the router, everything works, but it only lasts for about 3-4 hours then back to normal.  BT Tech Support tried telling me this was because Windows wireless security drops out after 3-4 hours and that my lan setup might not be right - everyhting worked before I moved to BT!

As far as I can see, the router is not fit for purpose and does not perform as advertised, but BT doesn't agree.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: HomeHub3 and Tech support woes

All works OK on my HH3B.

One thing to check.  Log on to the HomeHub web page and go to http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_devices_1.html

Click on each device in turn, and make sure "Always use this IP address:" is ticked.

May be worth going to http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_ip_address.html and increasing the lease time, too.

0 Ratings
andym8y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The printer was already on static IP address, I have increased the lease time more out of curiosity.  Will let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings
andym8y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Having rebooted the router, the printer was not responding at all. Turned it on and off and still can't connect to the printer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
andym8y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Saw a forum post elsewhere which suggested switching the router to b/g only. As soon as I did this, the printer started responding as did other devices. Will see how long this lasts for.
0 Ratings
andym8y
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It didn't last 😞

Everything is back to host unreachable.  

0 Ratings