Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

HomeHub5 - 2.4GHz WiFi bouncing

Go to solution

A new device I have just got (amazingly) cannot use 5GHz WiFi, it finds and connects to my HomeHub on 2.4GHz but has highlighted an issue that has been happening for some time with other devices but I had not diagnosed.  I have split the WiFi with different SSIDs for the two bands and can see in the EventLog lots of connects and dissassociations of devices I know are using the 2.4GHz band. I have refreshed WiFi settings on the hub and tried other channels.  Using a WiFi analyser app on a device solidly connected to 5GHz (and within 2 meters of the hub) I can see the 2.4GHz signal disapearing and reappearing regularly.  I'm suspecting a fault on the hub itself.  Yes I know I could go buy a different router, but it shouldn't behave like this.  Have read other posts but none are exactly these symptoms.  Any advice?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: HomeHub5 - 2.4GHz WiFi bouncing

Go to solution
Have you tried factory resetting the Hub?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

are you still in a fixed term contract with BT - not rolling monthly?  if fixed term then phone customer dervice and request a replacement hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Factory reset didn't improve matters.  Reluctantly started a web chat with BT support and pleasantly surprised that after a couple of preliminary questions he volunteered a replacement HomeHub, order confirmed, delivery tracked, ETA today.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @JohnD1,

Please post back and let us know how things go with the new hub in place?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

The replacement HomeHub5 arrived yesterday and was an easy swap out.  I again split the two radio bands into seperate SSIDs and the 2.4GHz is now consitent.  However I am still getting an odd behaviour on my new MotoE4plus phone (which doesn't support 5GHz wifi).  It connects to the HH5, prompts for password in the wifi connection dialogue and accepts this, but then a notification pops up "Android System... Sign into wifi network" clicking it flashes up a URL then disapears.  The wifi indicator has an 'x' against it meaning no Internet.  The HH5 'home network' admin page shows it connected.  There is chat on the Moto forum with others experiencing this but (not HH5 specific) but no viable fixes.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings