cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
farmerjohn
Message 1 of 2

Homehub 5 Dropping connection?

My hub has been dropping connection for a few minutes about 4-5 times a day for almost a year now. Is there a fix?

The specs are: BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 | Last updated 08/07/17

We do not have a phone line which I think is why it hasn't updated the firmware, and I was wondering if there was either a fix or a deal that BT gives to customers with faulty hubs? To get a new Smart Hub? Sorry if this posted twice, the other post has disappeared !
0 Ratings
1 REPLY
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Homehub 5 Dropping connection?

to get broadband with BT you need a phone line so maybe you don't use it but you do have a line with a number  try connecting a phone with a filter and dial 17070 option 2 see what number you get and also if there is any noise  best done with a corded phone  if you don't have a phone then a cheap phone can be bought for about £5

this investment could save you the callout fee of £129.99 should you get engineer visit and fault on your side of test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings