Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mangifee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Homehub2 help desperate

Hello all, Happy new year,

the forum is my last hope!!! My homehub2 started indicating on Christmas eve tht there was no broadband, after promised visits by engineers and failed appointments, they eventually trned up.. went through the motions, and eventually went up the pole couldnt find anything wrong but then changed my hub to the Homehub3 and internet started working right away, as i am desperate to maintain my broadband talk i went straight out and bought a new homehub2, it didnt work!! i borrowed my friends hub2, it didnt work, yet my own hubs worked on his phoneline

Whats confusing me is homehub3 works but homehub2 doesnt,,, any help please as i am so desperate to keep my broadband talk facility

thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Homehub2 help desperate

welcome to the forum

I have seen a post on the forum where engineers replaced the HH2 with the HH3 and reported the change which resulted in the loss of broadband talk.  did you check with the engineers that you would still have access to your broadband talk number?

upgrades to the HH3 can resulted in the loss of your broadband talk account.  so even if you solve the hub2 problem you still may not have your broadband talk

broadband talk is due to disappear in the near future unfortunately

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mangifee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply,

the engineer did say that broadband talk is being phased out, and that it will not be given to new customers, or to people using hh3

he did however say that it would remain with people who use hh2, and if they continue using hh2 for 10 years then they will keep broadband talk for that period

my issue is ihave bought a new hh2 and also used my brothers hh2 but the broadband light on them remains orange, however my own hub and the new one i bought this evening BOTH work when plugged into my brothers line, so its clearly a fault of some description with the broadband but the nicepeople in india dont seem to be able to grasp what i am saying

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@mangifee wrote:

the nicepeople in india dont seem to be able to grasp what i am saying

Yes, it can be difficult. You might do better with online chat (go to bt.com 7am-10.45pm, click "Contact BT" at the bottom of the page, same again under "At home", follow the links). You'll probably end up with the same outfit, but it can make it easier to choose words of one syllable as well as overcoming any accent problems.      

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
mangifee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

thanks will try that and let you know
0 Ratings