cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: How can I stop my IP showing my location without VPN?

@Spiritualseeker wrote:

My mistake I just typed in the IP address shown by What is my ip into infosniper and it is showing my home town. I guess I am just extremely unluck regarding my point of presence, or lucky depending on perspective.

That website uses geolocation information from a number of sources, and will be more accurate. WhatismyIP will display just the geolocation of the BT POP site.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Also bear in mind, that only you can see the location information, unless you share the location with another user. See Google Location Sharing.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Also bear in mind, that only you can see the location information, unless you share the location with another user. See Google Location Sharing.

I was under the assumption that because I entered the IP myself into Info Sniper that it was just getting my location info from that IP and nothing available on my PC, making it visible to everyone. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Is there anyway to connect to a different point of presence?

Is there anyway to connect to a different point of presence when using the internet? My current point of presence is in the same small town as I am. I don't want to expose my location to other people when I'm online gaming, VPN isn't an option due to the lag it would cause.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Re: Is there anyway to connect to a different point of presence?

Bump

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Re: Is there anyway to connect to a different point of presence?

No

0 Ratings