cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miriam888
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

How do I check BT Wifi status for my HH5?

Okay so I got BT Infinity on Wednesday set up my btinternet email and all the rest of it. I have used BT Wifi before I was a BT Customer however i want to.know the status of my HH5s connection eg if it is enabled as a hotspot yet which I can use. Tried to go.to the register for BT Wifi page to check the status entered BT Internet email id set up and it came up with invalid username and password. What gives? Btw I tried checking the BT Wifi page on My Bt but it didnt really tell me much.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do I check BT Wifi status for my HH5?

you are automatically registered for BTWIFI and it will be active on your HH5.  you need to opt out if you do not want to use it - default is opted in

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
miriam888
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Oh right. No I definitely want to use it! Should a new specific BT hotspot come up due to my router or is it the one thats already there?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

It is already there. It will be BTWifi or BTWifi-Fon or somthing similar.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

@miriam888 wrote:
Okay so I got BT Infinity on Wednesday set up my btinternet email and all the rest of it. I have used BT Wifi before I was a BT Customer however i want to.know the status of my HH5s connection eg if it is enabled as a hotspot yet which I can use. Tried to go.to the register for BT Wifi page to check the status entered BT Internet email id set up and it came up with invalid username and password. What gives? Btw I tried checking the BT Wifi page on My Bt but it didnt really tell me much.

It will help if you read this:

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/bt-id-explained/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
miriam888
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I can log in with my BT ID but in another place I know has Infinity when I log onto their BT WiFi there s a full signal whereas where I am I'm lucky to get two bars. I assumed because of getting a router etc that id then get full signal on the hotspot since it would be acting as such? Or am I wrong?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

The status is shown in your line stats on the HH5. These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
miriam888
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Thank you! I shall look into that tonight.
0 Ratings
miriam888
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

OK so I just checked the Hub status it says BT Wifi is NOT activated on my Hub. So what should I do to get it activated?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

You can try here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30549

It says it's not working at the moment though
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings