Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

How do I keep BT IP address up to date to view CCTV cameras on DVR whilst away

Hi,

The BT IP address changes and knocks out my CCTV, and until i load my laptop for DuckDNS to update it will not works, any others having same issues? Any good fixes for this, as seems the IP address changes too frequently.

Cheers

Mike

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I keep BT IP address up to date to view CCTV cameras on DVR whilst away

Use a free dynamic DNS service such as NoIP or Dyn DNS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: How do I keep BT IP address up to date to view CCTV cameras on DVR whilst away

Hi,

I already use Duck DNS to update the dynamic IP once changed as the CCTV wont work, I turn on laptop on and the DUCK DNS updates and works. Any permanent solutions, ie for it to be done automatically etc without the use of laptop etc??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Use a free dynamic DNS service such as NoIP or Dyn DNS.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I already use DuckDNS, please advise

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Try NoIP instead, if that works the problem is with duck DNS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Check with the CCTV manufacture's website. They may offer a free DNS service. Swann offers the service with their products.

0 Ratings