cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 57

Re: How do I re-enable IPv6 on my HH6?

Could anyone who has IPv6 working confirm if they have opted out of CGNAT? I'm wondering if there's a correlation between opting out and IPv6 not working. I opted out on day 1 and have never got an IPv6 address, even with the Smart Hub which from what I can tell shouldn't be the case.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 42 of 57

@adly wrote:

Could anyone who has IPv6 working confirm if they have opted out of CGNAT? I'm wondering if there's a correlation between opting out and IPv6 not working. I opted out on day 1 and have never got an IPv6 address, even with the Smart Hub which from what I can tell shouldn't be the case.

I also opted out from CGNAT a long time ago but have been able to make IPv6 connections both on my HH6 and more recently on my VR600, so I don't think that's your problem. Don't know what is, though; doesn't sound likely that it's failing at your end, if two different modem/routers are affected in the same way.

p

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 57

Hi Guys,

IPv6 has been enabled on the majority of our network since 21st Oct 2016 and is enabled on our new Smart Hub. We are experiencing an intermittent fault where IPv6 is showing as disabled on the network and then reappearing.  We are working to fix this. This will not affect your connectivity as an IPv4 address will continue to be available.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 44 of 57

@DanielSwrites:

> "We are experiencing an intermittent fault where IPv6 is showing as disabled on the network and then reappearing.  We are working to fix this."

An excellent clarification!  Many thanks for this, DanielS --- the odd network behaviour had us scratching our heads.

If you could follow up once the fault is believed to be fixed, this would reduce fault reports about disappeared IPv6 in the interim.  It would also make post-fix reports (should it occur again) all the more relevant.

adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 57

Thanks for the clarification, @DanielS. But I have a Smart Hub and NEVER receive an IPv6 address with the Hub or a third-party router. Is this the same issue? If not, could someone help look into this? Technical support just want to replace the router or keep turning Smart Setup on/off which is nonsensical.

0 Ratings
ralphrmartin
Contributor
Message 46 of 57

Several months later, and still not fixed. And it does affect our ability to use the network - e.g. for IPv6 only sites, or to host IPv6 servers.

0 Ratings
BIRTEJ
Beginner
Message 47 of 57

I am also opted out of CGNAT and cannot get IPV6 on my BT infinity Smart Hub.

Are all BT Infinity lines supposed to be enabled by now?  

If not, how can I find out if my line is supposed to be enabled?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 57

Please read message 43 of this thread
0 Ratings
BIRTEJ
Beginner
Message 49 of 57

Is there any news on this, I still do not have IP V6 on my HH6

0 Ratings
Mapantz
Message 50 of 57

It seems to be an issue that is ongoing.. I  can easily get IPv6 back working again, by disconnecting the connection, and reconnecting with a different *@btbroadband.com username, or rebooting the router. However, within a day or two, IPV6 becomes disabled again. It will not stay with a permenant IPv6 address - pathetic that this has not been fixed.

0 Ratings