cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

How is this possible???!!!

I am having some major issues with 5Ghz network in my house. I have SkyQ working on ch44 and BT Premium WholeHome Wi-Fi (4 disks) on ch36. Works wonderfully until I got FTTC and the new smart hub 2. My intention was always to disable the Wi-Fi in the smart hub so I am shocked to see it still broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5GHz even though I have Wi-Fi totally disabled.

Since this has happened I have seen my BT Premium Wi-Fi disks lose their mesh 2/3 times a day, but sky remains ok.

How can I truly disable Wi-Fi on the hub? 

71B49AB0-FA41-495B-9FF5-54504A16E1A2.jpeg

60055193-6386-4353-9D20-86BE75311AF0.jpeg

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: How is this possible???!!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Really?! I want to use BT Wi-Fi though. Having this turned on in my house it tipping another BT solution over.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

You can't have your cake and eat it. Either you provide a BT WiFi signal in order to be able to make use of the BT WiFi network or you don't provide a signal and forego access. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Ha ha ha that’s ridiculous and not wanting cake and eat it. A BT smart hub is taking out a BT WholeHome Wi-fi service even though Wi-fi is DISABLED on the hub. It’s crazy 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Not so! You want to eat slices of everyone else's cake but you do not wish to allow them a slice of your own cake?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Really! This is why I hate communities like this. Judgements with no understanding of situations or circumstances. There is no one close to me who would ever be in range of my signal, that is a fact, so no one eating my bit of the cake anyway (well unless they are trespassing or breaking into my house!). Anyone who happens to cross my fields and needs it can easily jump on my open guest Wi-fi on my other BT product which gives service outside can do. 
I seriously think that if you disable Wi-fi on a product it’s is disabled, not just a bit of it, especially as it’s knocking out another BT product. Guess a new router is needed so I can use multiple BT products in the same house

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

If you use a third party router that will remove the free WiFi and clear that part of the interference.

you may need a modem to rig up to the third party router. If you don’t opt out you will still get the free WiFi that way when out and about but your home network will not be transmitting it. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Maybe I don't understand, but can a wi-fi signal amplifier help you?

or a new router?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I'm afraid I think you are missing the point. The OP wishes to completely disable the wifi signal from the Home Hub, this is only possible by opting out of the BT WiFi system but that in turn disables access to other hotspots whilst out and about. 

0 Ratings