cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bentheren
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How long will my connection speed take to rise?

Go to solution

I have had FTTC from bt for about 3 weeks and I am wondering how to get my speeds to the max attainable rate. here are the line stats that my modem is giving me. Any help on how to get the attainable speed of 12mbps would be greatly appreciated. EDIT: My modem is a huawei HG612 and my router is a TP link TD W8970.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How long will my connection speed take to rise?

Go to solution

if you have only had fibre for 3 weeks it is unsual to have a modem and router and not a HH5 - are you with BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bentheren
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

We were given a HH5 but I bought a modem because I wanted to use my good tp link router with the connection.

Here is a speedtest. http://www.speedtest.net/result/3709076298.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

your noise margin is high at 10.2db ahve you been getting problems with internet disconencting or have you been resetting the modem to try and improve the speed?

you need a stable connection 24/7 and the DLM will eventually reduce the noise margin back to normal 6db assuming there are no problems with your line

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bentheren
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

My connection is perfectly stable at the moment and hasn't dropped once since we have had it. It has only went off due to a power cut a few days ago so maybe it could be possible that the noise margin has increased at around about that time?

0 Ratings
bentheren
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

When the SNR margin changes to 6db will that cause my sync rate to increase to around about my attainable rate?

0 Ratings