cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How much choice of hub location?

Hi there

I’m currently looking to move to BT Fibre from my current provider and wondered how much flexibility or choice I get when the BT hub is installed.  I have an existing setup with various networked things and don’t want to have to make major changes to this with the switch to BT.  It’s not in an out of the way place - just in the bay of the front of the house but it isn’t near the existing (currently unused) old BT phone socket. 
TIA

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How much choice of hub location?

The existing phone socket location has nothing to do with where your new fibre cable will be installed.

Speak to the installers and I am sure they will be flexible. They may even install it in the bay at the front of the house, if there are no obstacles to doing this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Opaku 

when your say moving to BT fibre do you mean FTTP - fibre to the premises or FTTC - fibre to street cab and copper to home?

If former then speak to engineer when installing and if the latter you can just maintain existing setup provided router is VDSL capable just need to enter username   bthomehub@btbroadband and password of BT if needed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Splendid - thanks both 😊

0 Ratings