cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

How to add a Trusted Device to homehub

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

My wireless printer has been booted off the trusted device list on my hub.  

The printer's error message says "Your HP Printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.  MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during set up.

Solutions:

If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router.

I have gone into the router and the printer address is there but it is greyed out and i can't see how to make it green like the other devices.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to add a Trusted Device to homehub

A few things.

Grey or green is just whether the device is connected or not , it is just information, not a setting, there is no trusted device facility.

MAC address filtering is not possible on the hub, so the error message is just a generic suggestion rather than an accurate indication of the problem.

There was a recent post from somebody else with the same problem with an HP printer but no resolution.

Try the following. Factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin until the lights flash and then turn off Smart Setup

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If that doesn't work, factory reset the printer and try connecting again.

0 Ratings