cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

How to block illegal log on to cctv system using firewall on Smart Hub 2.

Hi,

I have a couple of cctv cameras connected to a DVR.

I can log on to the DVR using local internal ip address or externally using a Web address or P2P to monitor the cameras.

Regularly I am seeing illegal log on attempts to the box and checking the DVR log it sometimes shows the originating ip address as from Russia or some other country.

Checking log on the Smart hub 2 I see no activity for the time this occurs but I would have expected to see some information informing me that there was activity at that time.

Cctv monitoring is via port 37777 and have a firewall rule set up for that. Disabling this does not stop the illegal log on attempts though so suspect they are attacking port 80 to gain access to admin of the DVR.

I there any way I can block port 80 as a firewall rule just for this device without affecting my home network?

I have all the usual correct settings on the  firewall config as recommended by BT.

Password on DVR is complex so hopefully they will not crack it . Just a bit worried how they are getting through Firewall without any problem. Any ideas from all you clever people?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to block illegal log on to cctv system using firewall on Smart Hub 2.

If you can access your DVR externally, so can anybody else that runs a port scan and sees the port open. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to block illegal log on to cctv system using firewall on Smart Hub 2.

Have tried a port scanner and it shows no open ports. No sure how reliable that is though. Tried it externally as well.

However today have turned off the P2P option on DVR so see if that improves situation

0 Ratings