Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith66
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

How to connect DVR ( re CCTV)

I have just been changed from copper to fibre 

I have managed to connect my iPhone and IPad 

How do I connect my DVR to which my home CCTV cameras are connected and how do I connect my HP Envy printer 

I have only limited technical skills 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
busterboy1
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to connect DVR ( re CCTV)

Exactly the same.

Plug your CCTV CAT5e cable from the NVR into any spare LAN port on you're new router and within a couple of minutes it should auto detect and should be connected. No other settings to change in you're NVR.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Keith66
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thank you 

I have done that but moving on how do I get my CCTV cameras to show on my IPcam viewer on my phone as the app says camera feed not available - I seem to remember from way back when BT changed the hub the problem I encountered with my camera feed  then was to do with port forwarding but I have forgotten how that was resolved 

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Same has happened to me in the past.

Resolved mine by un-installing the App from you're device and re-installing it again.

Connected and worked fine.

Mine is Hikvision brand, I hope it works for you. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Keith66
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thank you I have tried that and I still cannot connect to my CCTV cameras it says camera feed not available

A few years ago I was with virgin broadband but Virgin decided not to continue with non fibre  connections and I had to find a new broadband provider
I chose B T and had a hub 4 

I had exactly the same problem then on change of hub  and I think it was something to do with port forwarding and the DVR  but I am not great on technology and am 78 and vam struggling to sort this 

Apart from the new hub nothing has changed

Can anyone help please

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Standard alerts mine will show but "Line Crossing" or "Face Detection & Baggage Alert" I still get the same result as you "Feed not available" which boing by the CCTV forums is a bug in the software / firmware still to be resolved.

Do you any alerts at all or zilch.?

0 Ratings
Keith66
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

No alerts 

everything was fine until I had to have the new hub 

I have connected all my other stuff to the new hub no problem 

iPhone IPad Pc and printer all connected up OK 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

I would factory reset the DVR and set it u again in accordance with the instructions.

If possible, give it a static IP address on the DVR itself of 192.168.1.25

Once you can access it locally, you will then need to configure port forwarding of the relevant ports to the address. You will also need to subscribe to a DDNS service such as NoIP as your public IP address will be dynamic

0 Ratings
Keith66
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I have already got DYNDNS and when Iog in it is showing my BT IP as at 3 July 

the new hub was installed after that date and the IP address has changed 

i have a DYNDNS updater it that is not working 

when I go into the updater it is blank with no host details 

it did not used to be like that / it showed my DYN DNS host 

I do not know how to get my updater working as that may solve the problem 

can anyone help please 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Did you configure the new hub for DYNDNS? You need to set it up  Advanced Settings > Broadband >Dynamic DNS

0 Ratings