cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andrew_Kernan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

How to connect a BT Home Hub V3.0 Type B wirelessly to a BT Home Hub V1.5?

Go to solution

On my network I have a BT Home Hub (version 3.0 Type B) as the main router. I also have an old BT Home Hub (version 1.5) lying around. The router is located in the study and I hope to set up the spare home hub as a wireless repeater in the lounge next to the study. This would allow me to give a Sony TV access to the internet via an Ethernet cable connected from the TV to the wireless repeater.(By the way the Sony Wi-Fi dongle costs £70 and the reviews on it are awful.) Any thoughts on how to do this? Some clear concise instructions would be very useful.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to connect a BT Home Hub V3.0 Type B wirelessly to a BT Home Hub V1.5?

Go to solution

This was done by CL Keith which will help  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/wirelessmenu.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andrew_Kernan
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The website says how to do a wired connection, i'm looking for a wireless one, thanks for the help though

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
From memory you can't connect them wirelessly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:
From memory you can't connect them wirelessly

That is correct, you cannot do it.

Broadband extenders would be a much better idea.

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-500-kit-8W3T.html