cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How to improve signal in another room

Go to solution

Hi. My signal quality is pretty good all around the house. But recently I started playing XBOX games via the cloud. I must say most game play is incredibly good but tonight i tried FPS and had a message come up on screen saying poor signal. Never had this before.

I use Laptop in Kitchen with door open to Lounge where Hub is located. Our walls are 2ft thick. Am I right in saying I can plug something in the room I am in, and this will improve the signal? 

I don't want something that involves me having to log in. Do BT make anything I can just plug and play? or is it not as easy as that?

Thanks     

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to improve signal in another room

Go to solution

You could consider something like this

BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit (084288) | BT Shop

They are plug and play and you can connect to the "slave" one by either wireless or by using an Ethernet cable.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, many thanks I will look into them. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
You can buy a WiFi signal extender as well Argos do a cheap one that works well
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Be aware for FPS or other games using a power line will introduce latency so you may still suffer if you are one who really notices latency issues. 
If so the only true ways is to run a cable to the Xbox if you find you still have issues or move the router to a better location.

The Xbox like all devices needs to be in a nice open location if you are using WiFi. I know they normally get tucked away in cabinets or against TVs but consider if you can improve the signal reception.

What ever you add be it power line or wireless access point will add latency, purchase where you can return if you find they do not improve the problem.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks for all the info. I will look into it 

0 Ratings