cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IeuanG
Message 1 of 6

How to obtain a new public IP address

Go to solution
I have a BTHomeHub 2.0, and am wondering how I would obtain a new public IP address. I have not asked for a static IP address, and it seems strange to me that BT has seemingly assigned me one. I have had the same IP address for over 2 years now, and although it may seem like there is nothing wrong with having the same address for a long amount of time, it does get tiresome. Is there any way I can obtain a new one?

Thanks, IeuanG
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to obtain a new public IP address

Go to solution

Got to be a troll, don't know why I'm replying really.

You don't get a static IP address, I seriously doubt you have had the same IP for 2 years (how do you know) and even if you have, why would you want to change it.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If you disconnect and reconnect to the internet I think you should get a new one.

Have you tried rebooting your hub?

Richard

0 Ratings
IeuanG
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I'm a webdev / sysadmin for a few small sites, so I generally run small test servers from home. I also remote into my pc occasionally, so I would know it through that.
0 Ratings
IeuanG
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I believe I have tried that already, but I will double check for troubleshooting 😄
0 Ratings
IeuanG
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I can't believe it, this finally worked! Guess there was something wrong last time I tried this, wow!
0 Ratings