Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dodger
Contributor
Message 1 of 188

How to request a functionality addition to the Home Hub 3

Following on from my previous thread (http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Port-Forward-help-using-BT-Infinity-amp-HH3/td-p/135365) it transpires that the Home Hub 3 (HH3) does not have the ability to support "loopback" connections:-

"A common problem that some customers encounter when using a NAT router is that they want to be able to access their web site from within their local network, but their NAT router does not support "loopback" connections. This prevents them from being able to reach their own services, even though external visitors are able to connect."

Further information on this subject can be read here (http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/loopback_connections.html)

The solution is to add an extra function in the firewall settings to enable "Internet NAT Redirection".

Is this going to be viable? if so, who do we contact to arrange this? or is this going to be a non-starter?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help to push this forward.

dodger.

0 Ratings
187 REPLIES 187
Palatial
Message 2 of 188

Re: How to request a functionality addition to the Home Hub 3

I'll second that!

I use network IP cameras and this would be a very useful feature!  Previous routers have supported this (Belkin/Netgear etc) and I want to avoid having 2 sets of internet favourites to access my internal devices...ie

192.168.2.201 or xxxxxx.dyndns.org

come on BT - should be easy peasy

dodger
Contributor
Message 3 of 188

Bump........any update on this please.

0 Ratings
STS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 188

bump any updates for this please?

0 Ratings
PsiDOC
Contributor
Message 5 of 188

NAT Loopback I am sure is available in the firewall in all openrg based devices, however BT's approach to users actually managing their own firewall as you know is... well it isn't really. Pity really the home hubs are a half decent bit of kit but strangled by bt's directives.

Ok I am expecting a HH3 to be dropping on my doorstep in the next day or so and I fully intend to unlock it and get full command line access. That way we should be able to manipulate the firewall as we see fit.

So there is hope!

Psi

Erlidoch 'm namyn ewyllysi erioed arhosa 'm
0 Ratings
Will99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 188

I've got HH3 and I can't even get external people to connect through to my IP network cam let alone myself through loopback!

I'm relatively experienced with port forwarding with Netgear etc. and have NEVER had a problem. With HH3 I cannot get any external connection either to the router admin page or to any other IP on my LAN via port forwarding.

I've got the IP cam sitting on a LAN IP and works perfectly from any computer on my LAN. But whatever portforwarding settings I use it's impossible to access externally.

I've read other forums which claim problems with the portforwarding with HH3, but a few people claim it worked for them.

Anyone got any tips?

I've got latest firmware, tried different ports, different ways of listing the port forwarding (individual or groups), disabled UpnP (should be irrelevant anyway), disabled firewall completely, tried port config app (doesnt support HH3), used port checker, etc. etc.

My conclusion is that BT Infinity and HH3 are both pants...

I am just about to go on a business trip only to discover at the last minute that simple remote admin of my home network is impossible, the kinds of things I used to do every day with my last ISP and hardware.

Netgear and Bethere sorely missed.

0 Ratings
yyongpil
Message 7 of 188

bump any update on this please...

I really need loopback connections!
0 Ratings
townsmcp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 188

Another bump!

This feature is really needed. How can such a modern router be without it? I use a webcam inside my network but can't access correctly now since upgrading to BT infinity a couple of days ago.

Other features needed on home hub 3 are:
Ability to add your own dynamic dns providers - I don't have any of the 3 hosting my domain name that are preset

Also being able to telnet to the router is an advanced feature required.

As is remote management of the router
0 Ratings
1TonyCurrie
Contributor
Message 9 of 188

Bump, another one.....................................

Can we have an update please?

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 188

Any Mods out there reading this thread ????

0 Ratings