cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to switch off BT-WIFI on the home hub but keep it via BT Mobile?

Just joined BT on FTTP 900 

I have WIFI AP's distributed around the house via CAT6 cable back to a switch. Therefore I have no need for wifi from the SH2. 

BT WIFI remains on and I don't want it to interfere with my other WIFI AP's 

I'd like to keep the benefits of BT WIFI when I'm away from home, I'm also a BT Mobile customer which comes with BT Wifi. 

Is it possible to keep BT Wifi via my mobile tariff but switch it off on SH2? 

Thank you 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to switch off BT-WIFI on the home hub but keep it via BT Mobile?

No

whole point is you have it active so others can use your BTWIFI just like you want to do with your mobile phone and use other customers BTWIF network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I understand. Seem odd however that you can be a BT Mobile customer and gain access to the benefit whilst not having BT Broadband and therefore you don't contribute to the coverage. Hence the question. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

You also can access BTWIFI if you are a BT Broadband customer using a 3rd party router but if you are using the hub you must have BTWIFI active to be able to use BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings