Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

How to turn off hot spot?

Go to solution

For some reason my HH 6 (smart hub) has suddenly enabled hot spots.

There is a link from the HH to go to a BT site to disable it unfortunately it does not recognise either my primary email login details or my BT ID.

I need to disable it as the additional signal strength on 5Ghz prevents the mesh working on my Sky Q set up. I have overcome this by turning off  5Ghz, not the ideal solution.

Can anyone suggest a way of turning hot spots off.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to turn off hot spot?

Go to solution
Turning off the hotspot will make no difference, it just uses the same WiFi signal as your own network, just a different SSID and routing.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Bob1001wrote:

For some reason my HH 6 (smart hub) has suddenly enabled hot spots.

There is a link from the HH to go to a BT site to disable it unfortunately it does not recognise either my primary email login details or my BT ID.

I need to disable it as the additional signal strength on 5Ghz prevents the mesh working on my Sky Q set up. I have overcome this by turning off  5Ghz, not the ideal solution.

Can anyone suggest a way of turning hot spots off.

Hi @Bob1001 

Go to the My BT website and log in. You should find the Opt out of BT WiFi by selecting My Package, Manage Extras.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:
Turning off the hotspot will make no difference, it just uses the same WiFi signal as your own network, just a different SSID and routing.

That may be true in theory however with it on it effects my Q mesh by swamping it, with it off I have no problems.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser  Thank you.

0 Ratings