cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

How to use a Vodafone HHG2500 Router with BT Broadband

Go to solution

I am switching from Vodafone to BT and the BT Hub is held up in the post. BT can't cancel or move the switch date and the hub won't be delivered in time. How do I configure my Vodafone Model HHG2500 router to work with BT broadband please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to use a Vodafone HHG2500 Router with BT Broadband

Go to solution

Do you have access to the PPPoE configuration or is the router locked down?

If you can access the PPPoE config, enter the generic username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password of BT.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Vodafone looks like just a router. So are you on FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you. Does BT provide me the password to use the generic name or do I create that?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Therè is no password but if you need one use anything. Most just use BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hello Licquorice

I don't think I have PPPoE configuration access - I can't see that option in the 'expert view' on my router. Looks like only DNS that can be manually configured

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Are you on FTTP with an ONT which is your modem 

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

Something like this

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Mo_of_the_valley wrote:

Hello Licquorice

I don't think I have PPPoE configuration access - I can't see that option in the 'expert view' on my router. Looks like only DNS that can be manually configured

I suspect your router is locked to Vodafone and can't be used with another ISP.

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hello Licquorice

I think you are correct. Luckily the BT hub arrived later on the day when they'd switched on service so all up and running now. Thanks again for looking at my problem

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly, it seems my Vodafone router was locked to their service however my BT Hub has now arrived and I'm back up and running