cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Huawei HG612 setup problems

Hi, we have replaced our smart hub 2 with the above modem and want to connect an Archer D7 router to it. We have purchased a second hand hauwei modem, connected it to our dsl and plugged the LAN 1 into a laptop. We have a power light, a dsl light, a flashing LAN 1 light but no Internet connection. We've opened explorer, put 192.168.1.1 into the address bar but nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Huawei HG612 setup problems

Unless the HG612 is unlocked, you won't be able to access the management page on 192.168.1.1

If it is locked, it will be in its default plug and play state and no configuration is necessary.

Have you configured the Archer with the correct PPPoE credentials?

username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

pasword BT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Erm no. We tried the modem (without the archer) connected directly to the laptop with an ethernet cable. I'm sure this is all pretty straightforward I just can't seem yo figure it out. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

you need to enter the username and password  posted by @licquorice  into the archer router for it to connect to the internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I might be wrong but, I'm pretty sure 192.168.1.1 is not available from the LAN1 port, only from LAN2.

Message 6 of 10

It won't be available from either unless it is unlocked. There is no need to access the modem in any case, in its default state it is plug and play no configuration required.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

So if I'm following correctly:

Dsl cable into modem dsl port

Ethernet cable from LAN1 or LAN2 into archer

Then username and password for archer configuration?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Also where do I enter the username and password to configure the router
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Connect LAN port1 on the HG612 to the WAN port on the Archer, run the setup wizard and when it  prompts you for PPPoE username and password enter the details previously posted..

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thank you very much indeed. Will do this when I get home. 

0 Ratings