cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Hub 5 Repeated Wi-Fi Drop Out

I recently moved home and decided to upgrade to BT Infinity 1 and so got a Home Hub 5, had been using Hub 4 previously. I am less than 3 metres away from the Hub but since my connection was activated I suffer repeated loss of wi-fi signal and the only solution is for Windows 10 to reset the wi-fi adapter over and over again up to around 15 times a day!

I have followed all the advice BT has on the site about where to place the Hub and I have even followed the advice from the BT website about changing wirless channels. I have tried the factory reset hole at the back of the Hub, I have tried unplugging and re-connecting after a few minutes many times but still the problem continues. I spent considerable time in a live chat with someone from BT testing the connection who tells me there is no problem with the connection and left me with the pearl of wisdom to 'Try switching the Hub off and on frequently'!

I am thinking that the Home Hub 5 is not such a good piece of hardware and that I have been left by BT to fend for myself after 'upgrading' my service and monthly payments.

Before anyone suggests this I cannot have an ethernet cable connected as it would have to run diagnoally across the room and a doorway so I have thought the only thing to do is to get another socket installed, but not by BT due to their extortionate charge for doing so.

But what is the point of having a Hub that claims to have the latest up to date wirless technology when it doesn't work properly and consistently? I shouldn't have to resort to paying for an extra phone socket just to get a realiable internet connection!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hub 5 Repeated Wi-Fi Drop Out

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

There is an alternative to wireless connection without running a cable.

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-600-kit-084284-BVFL.html

0 Ratings
Venger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yes already tried both and still cuts out every few minutes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

have you checked thr driver for your wireless adapter is up to date from manyfacturer and not rely on windows update?

getting a new phone socket will still mean running a cable from existing master to wherever you select.  as extension you can DIY or get local telecom engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Venger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yes all my drivers are up to date I do that regularly.

Even though I lodged a fault for this and was told BT would send me a text on 9th telling me the conclusion no one did! Now when I go to check on the fault it has been conveniently removed! Waited and waited to get connected via Live Assistance and gave up, tried phoning and was told there was a long wait and they would call me back, over an hour later no one did, and as it's past 9pm I can assume no one will today. Just great BT! As usual completely disjointed customer service between India and UK where no one knows what anyone else is doing and customers are treated with thinly veiled contempt.

I HATE BT!!

0 Ratings