Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Hub 6 - 5GHz wireless not switching ON

Go to solution
Thanks for letting us know best of luck with your replacement.
0 Ratings
Mahammad786
Beginner
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

Hello bbedford, I also have the same problem, at first i thought it was a bug issue, Ive heard that you said they will be sending out replacement HH6.

Will every BT customer with HH6 get a replacement?

If they do, would they ask you, or ask you for your address. Or will they just ship it out without telling us?

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

I can't see BT shipping out a second HH6 without you contacting them.  You to do need to be the account holder and any replacement will be shipped to registered address, they will ask for the old one back using the return packaging for recycling provided with the hub6. I was told I'd get mine Tuesday. Great call back services from BT when I was told it could be an hour it was two minutes. And the support employee was very helpful. Use the 0800 number in the hub 6 manual.

BUT I went through step by step what I had done, in that I had to separate the two frequencies as merged they don't work with Apple devices, phone, iPad or iMac. As you see from my screen images the hardware is showing 5GHz is switch on my the home page says it's not. So my guess is the hardware is working but the antenna is not connected or transmitting, hence the conflict in reports. 

Hope that helps Mahammad.

0 Ratings
Mahammad786
Beginner
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

Are you sure we have to get replacement or will they update the firmware?

And do we have to contact them to get the replacement?

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

I didn't say you would get a replacement, check my last email..

if you have an issue with your HH call BT.

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

I misread your comment sorry.

Not Im not saying you will need a replacement. But when I first got my HH6 it worked and the 5GHz channel showed up and I could log into it, ipad, android phone, Macs the lot. It then stopped working. which to me shows a hardware issue, if it was software everyone would, I think, would have the issue, but maybe not everyone has looked and is just using the 2.4GHz on merge without knowing it. 

0 Ratings
w0400
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

Well I can't say I am impressed with my Smart Hub. Performance seems worse than my Home Hub 5. The range seems no better in our house with walls that block WiFi.

To add to this, BT WiFI (all the BT WiFi with FON) have been turned off, because there is a problem with this. It took me an hour and a half on an online chat which got nowhere and when finally a phone call with VT WiFi was setup I got the answer in less than 5 minutes.

Finally the web pages quoted in the manual of the Smart Hub often don't esist or point somewhere else. The BT site shows pictures of the Home Hub 5.

To be honest, this looks like a rushed and poorly implimented change. Ciome on BT get your act together. We pay good money and expect better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dbedford
Contributor
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

Replacement Hub 6 in and working Smiley Happy

delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution
Hi dbedford great to read you got a working hh6 again mine still working fine & no further loss of 5Ghz.
0 Ratings
bikespace
Beginner
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

I have exactly the same as this. I bought it months ago. Got it out of the box, set it up, had problems splitting the wireless (lost 5GHz) problems with IPv6 stopping any website that the FQDN had an IPv6 resolution, problems resetting to default overnight (after saving and already doing power off/on to try to solve wireless problem.

Eventually I decided I didn't have time to provide the beta testing service and it could go back in the box until there was a reasonable version of firmware.

Now how the hell do I get it to update without just leaving the useless piece of junk in the middle of my network until it does it automagically?

0 Ratings