Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: Hub 6 - 5GHz wireless not switching ON

Go to solution

@bikespace wrote:

Now how the hell do I get it to update without just leaving the useless piece of junk in the middle of my network until it does it automagically?

You don't, leaving the piece of junk connected is the only way.

0 Ratings
bikespace
Beginner
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

A few hours troubleshooting with BT tonight, no luck. I've been told I've reached the limits of the team I was talking to. I now need to talk to

www.bt.com/bttechexperts

0800 0321118

If anybody knows I'm wasting my time doing this then please shout now, they're only on till 11 so it'll be in a few days, next time I've got some spare time to kill.

Edit: LOL - I've just seen that this is a subscription service he's suggested that I use 🙂

BT you're really taking the **** now, that's great LOL

Sorry I'm sh*t would you mind paying to speak to someone decent 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
waynej3
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

My HH6 came on Friday and all was ok 

Rebooted itself last night and then couldn't see the wireless even after several reboot/resets etc.

Phoned BT and after a 4 ! (four) minute phone call there is a new one on it's way - this clearly sounds like they know there is a bad batch lurking - There was no can you try this can you try that 

dbedford
Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution
Just ask for the hub to be exchanged. Worked for me. Been good for months now.
0 Ratings
bikespace
Beginner
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Unfortunately I bought it from the BT shop so BT won't swap it out. I'll have to bother my **bleep** to get in touch with the shop. Had enough of it all. Rather than just swapping the piece of **** out for me, which I paid good money for rather than getting free as it should have been, they've given me the hump. 

See this contract out and I'm off to try somebody else out. BT are inaccessible. It's rare that I resort to calling them but when I do it's just a waste of time. Neutral customer paying them good money, converted in to an ex customer through poor customer service and poor product.

0 Ratings
bikespace
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

I decided one last try. Must have been close to the end of their shift. Almost immediately agreed to send a replacement Smart Hub. Lets see if it arrives. Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Felim_Doyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution
I went into settings on my in-laws' router to see when they had a power cut and noticed that none of my devices are connected on 5GHz. More investigation required but I'll leave that until tomorrow as I'm too tired now!
Félim Doyle, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
(SMAY)
0 Ratings